For cats prone to urinary health issues and to help prevent urinary stones
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Magnesium; Phosphorus; Calcium Reduced Decreases urinary concentration of struvite constituents (magnesium and phosphate) and calcium oxalate constituents. Sodium Controlled Helps maintain healthy kidney function. Citrate Added Forms soluble complexes with calcium to inhibit calcium oxalate formation. Target urinary pH Acid: pH 6.2-6.4 Discourages the formation and aggregation of struvite crystals without encouraging the formation of oxalate crystals. Water Increased in pouches and canned formulas Increases urinary volume to dilute the constituents of all uroliths. Formulas 5 (2 pouches,1 can and 2 dry) Increases choice to encourage acceptance. Vitamin E; Beta-carotene Added Helps neutralise free radicals to help combat urolithiasis. Vitamin C Not added It is a precursor of oxalate.
- Initial nutritional management of cats with any type of Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease (FLUTD), including crystalluria and/or urolithiasis from any cause, urethral plugs and idiopathic cystitis
- Dissolution of sterile struvite stones
- Long-term nutritional management of cats prone to:
- Struvite, calcium oxalate and calcium phosphate** crystals and uroliths (reduction of occurrence and recurrence)
- Urethral plugs (almost exclusively associated with struvite or calcium phosphate crystals)
- Idiopathic FLUTD (especially c/d Multicare Feline pouch or canned formulas)
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating queens
- Clinically proven to dissolve struvite stones in as little as 7 days.11
- Do not give urinary acidifiers when feeding c/d™ Multicare Feline
- Monitor the urine, to ensure the target urinary pH is maintained, and if necessary eliminate urinary tract infection.
Other Products to Consider
Other products to consider
Reasons to change from Prescription Diet™ c/d™ Multicare Feline in cases of FLUTD are:
- To dissolve larger or multiple sterile struvite uroliths: Prescription Diet™ s/d™ Feline.
- For FLUTD caused by FIC (feline idiopathic cystitis): Prescription Diet™ c/d™ Urinary Stress
- For FLUTD caused by urate, cystine or xanthine uroliths: Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Feline.
- ** If calcium phosphate is present as brushite: Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Feline
- For overweight and obese-prone cats with FLUTD (including FIC): Prescription Diet™ Metabolic+Urinary Stress
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
DAILY FEEDING AMOUNTS
These ranges are a starting point only, because cats' needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain the optimal body weight.
Body weight (kg) Cans 156 g 2 4/5 3 1 4 1 1/3 5 1 2/3 6 1 3/4 7 + 1/4 per kg
MIXED FEEDING GUIDE
Body weight (kg) Cans 156 g Dry grams 2 1/2 15 3 1/2 30 4 1 15 5 1 30 6 1 40 7 + 1 8 per kg
Prescription Diet™ c/d™ Multicare Feline is a complete dietetic pet food for the reduction of struvite stone recurrence (cause of feline lower urinary tract disease, FLUTD) in adult cats.This dietetic pet food has urine acidifying properties and contains a moderate level of magnesium.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
with Chicken: Pork liver and lung, chicken (8%), brewer's rice, maize starch, animal fat, digest, soybean meal, fish oil, minerals, brewers' dried yeast, vitamins and trace elements.
174 קק"ל / 5.5 oz (156 גרם) פחית שימורים
רכיב תזונתי כפי שנאכל1
כפי שנאכל, בסיס קלורי3
גרם / 100 קק"ל
Moisture 74.4 Protein 10.6 41.4 9.5 g / 100 kcal Fat 5.6 21.9 5.0 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 7.6 29.8 6.8 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 0.2 0.9 0.2 g / 100 kcal Ash 1.5 5.9 1.3 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.20 0.78 180 mg / 100 kcal Phosphorous 0.19 0.74 169 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.20 0.78 180 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.10 0.38 87 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.017 0.067 15 mg / 100 kcal Sulphur 0.22 0.84 193.29 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.09 0.35 84 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin A 32919 IU/kg 128405 IU/kg 2944 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin C 4 ppm 15 ppm 0.35 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin D 236 IU/kg 922 IU/kg 21.1 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin E 259 IU/kg 1010 IU/kg 23.17 IU / 100 kcal Total Omega-3 FA 0.19 0.73 168 mg / 100 kcal Total Omega-6 FA 1.04 4.04 927 mg / 100 kcal Beta-Carotene 1.78 ppm 6.95 ppm 0.16 mg / 100 kcal
1Differs from label guarantees which are either maximums or minimums.
2The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
3Nutrient intake for every 100 kilocalories consumed.