For cats with a tendency to gain weight that are prone to stress and urinary health issues including Feline Idiopathic Cystitis (FIC)
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS L-tryptophan & milk protein hydrolysate Added To control stress, a known risk factor for FLUTD GAGs (glycosaminoglycans) Supplemented Natural components of the urinary bladder mucosa/lining. Omega-3 fatty acids (EPA & DHA) Supplemented To help break the cycle of inflammation. Energy & Fat Low Helps avoid weight gain. Fibre High Provides increased dietary bulk which aids satiety and reduces hunger. L-Carnitine Supplemented Helps increase conversion of fat to energy. Helps maintain lean body mass. L-Lysine Supplemented Helps preserve lean muscle mass. Magnesium Phosphorus Calcium Reduced Decreases urinary concentration of struvite constituents (magnesium and phosphate) and calcium oxalate constituents. Sodium Controlled Helps maintain healthy kidney function. Citrate Added Forms soluble complexes with calcium to inhibit calcium oxalate formation. Target urinary pH Acid: pH 6.2 - 6.4 Discourages the formation and aggregation of struvite crystals without encouraging the formation of oxalate crystals.
- Initial nutritional management of obesity-prone cats with Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease (FLUTD), including Feline Idiopathic Cystitis (FIC), crystalluria and/or urolithiasis, urethral plugs.
- Dissolution of sterile struvite stones of obesity-prone cats.
- Long-term nutritional management of cats with a tendency to gain weight, which are prone to:
- Feline Idiopathic Cystitis (FIC).
- Struvite, calcium oxalate and calcium phosphate** crystals and uroliths (reduction of recurrence).
- Urethral plugs (almost exclusively associated with struvite or calcium phosphate crystals).
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating queens
- Cats that are debilitated, underweight or dehydrated
- Nutrition clinically proven to reduce the recurrence of FIC signs by 89%.*
- Nutrition clinically proven to dissolve struvite stones in as little as 7 days (average 27 days).*
- Do not give urinary acidifiers when feeding c/d™ Feline Urinary Stress Reduced Calorie.
- Monitor the urine, to ensure the target urinary pH is maintained and if necessary eliminate urinary tract infection.
Other Products to Consider
Other products to consider
Reasons to change from Prescription Diet™ c/d™ Feline Urinary Stress Reduced Calorie in cases of FLUTD are:
- To dissolve large or multiple sterile struvite uroliths: Prescription Diet™ s/d™ Feline.
- For FLUTD caused by urate, cystine or xanthine uroliths: Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Feline.
- **If calcium phosphate is present as brushite: Prescription Diet™ k/d™Feline.
- For overweight and obese-prone cats with FLUTD (including FIC): Prescription Diet™ Metabolic+Urinary Stress
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
These ranges are a starting point only, because cats’ needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain optimal body weight.
Body weight (kg) Dry grams 2 35 - 50 3 50 - 65 4 60 - 85 5 70 - 100 6 80 - 115 7 + 15 per kg
MIXED FEEDING GUIDE
Body weight (kg) Pouches 85g Dry grams 2 1 25 3 1 40 4 1 55 5 1 65 6 1 80 7 + 1 13 per kg
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Chicken: Chicken (30%) and turkey meal, maize gluten meal, brewers' rice, cellulose, maize, dried beet pulp, digest, flaxseed, soybean oil, fish oil, minerals, animal fat, vitamins, milk protein hydrolysate, taurine, L-tryptophan, crustacean shell hydrolysate (source of chondroitin sulphate), trace elements, pork cartilage (source of glucosamine) and beta-carotene. With a natural antioxidant (mixed tocopherols).
3299 kcal/kg (330 kcal/100g)
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Protein 35.3 37.4 10.7 g / 100 kcal Fat 10.5 11.1 3.2 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 10.2 10.7 3.1 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 33.5 35.4 10.1 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.72 0.77 219 mg / 100 kcal Phosphorous 0.63 0.67 192 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.32 0.34 96 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.71 0.75 216 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.066 0.070 20 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.21 0.22 63 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin E 628 IU/kg 665 IU/kg 19.04 IU / 100 kcal Total Omega-3 FA 1.03 1.09 311 mg / 100 kcal Total Omega-6 FA 3.06 3.24 927 mg / 100 kcal Ash 5.1 5.4 1.5 g / 100 kcal Beta-Carotene 3.84 ppm 4.07 ppm 0.12 mg / 100 kcal Moisture 5.5 Sulphur 0.56 0.60 170.45 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin A 6562 IU/kg 6944 IU/kg 199 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin D 693 IU/kg 734 IU/kg 21.0 IU / 100 kcal