Clinically proven nutrition to support cats with kidney conditions & mobility issues
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Phosphorus Reduced Helps slow progression of kidney disease. Protein High quality & controlled quantity Helps reduce accumulation of toxic protein-breakdown protein. Decreases urinary concentration of constituents of urate and cystine uroliths. Non-protein calories Increased Helps ensure adequate energy, avoiding protein catabolism. Amino acid profile; L-carnitine Improved. Added Supports cats' natural ability to build/maintain lean muscle mass. Dietary buffering capacity Increased Helps counteract metabolic acidosis. Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) including DHA High Helps improve renal blood flow. Supports the metabolism of joints Sodium Reduced Helps slows progression of kidney disease. Limits fluid retention in early cardiac disorders. Soluble fibre Increased Helps decrease ammonia reabsorption in the bowel. Lowers blood urea level. B-complex vitamins Increased Combats increased urinary losses due to polyuria. Clinically proven antioxidants Added Helps neutralise free radicals to support kidney function.
- Supports the metabolism of joints (mobility) in cats with osteoarthritis AND chronic kidney disease (all IRIS stages).
- Cardiac insufficiency.
- Urate urolithiasis and cystine urolithiasis.
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating queens
- Cats with sodium depletion
- Clinically proven* in a 2-year study that cats fed k/d™ Feline showed significantly fewer uraemic episodes and a reduced mortality rate.
- Clinically proven to help cats with stiff joints walk, run, play and climb stairs more easily in as little as 28 days*.
- Clinically proven to support vitality & alertness in older cats.
- E.A.TTM technology to trigger appetite and food intake.
- Fresh Pack System to preserve fatty acids and maintain quality.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
DAILY FEEDING AMOUNTS
These ranges are a starting point only, because cats' needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maitain optimal body weight.
MIXED FEEDING GUIDE
Body weight (kg) Pouches 85g Dry grams 2 1 + 15 3 1 + 25 4 1 + 40 5 1 + 50 6 1 + 60 7 + 1 + 9 per kg
Body weight (kg) Dry grams 2 30 - 40 3 40 - 55 4 50 - 65 5 55 - 80 6 65 - 90 7 + 11 per kg
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
with Chicken: Brewers's rice, animal fat, chicken (21%) and turkey meal, maize gluten meal, wheat, pea protein, dried whole egg, fish oil, minerals, digest, cellulose, soybean oil, dried beet pulp, vitamins, taurine, trace elements and beta-carotene. With a natural antioxidant (mixed tocopherols).
4177 kcal/kg (418 kcal/100g)
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Protein 28.4 29.8 6.8 g / 100 kcal Fat 21.6 22.6 5.2 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 2.1 2.2 0.5 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 38.6 40.4 9.2 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.67 0.71 161 mg / 100 kcal Phosphorous 0.50 0.52 119 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.23 0.24 54 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.76 0.79 181 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.072 0.076 17 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.20 0.21 49 mg / 100 kcal Carnitine 509.8 ppm 533.9 ppm 12.21 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin C 108 ppm 114 ppm 2.60 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin E 575 IU/kg 602 IU/kg 13.76 IU / 100 kcal