Metabolic is a breakthrough weight management diet for cats, that is clinically proven to safely support weight loss and maintenance.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Scientifically formulated nutrient complex High Provides appetite regulation, reduces inflammation and improves energy metabolism Fibre High Soluble and insoluble fibres to trigger satiety, control appetite and maintain gastrointestinal health L-Carnitine High Helps cats burn fat while sparing lean muscle mass, resulting in more effective weight loss L-Lysine High Helps metabolise fat for energy production and maintain lean body mass Superior antioxidant formula High Defends cells from free radical oxidation, promoting a healthy immune system
- Overweight cats and obese cats
- Weight maintenance after weight loss
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating queens
- Clinically proven to safely provide 28% body fat loss in 2 months in cats.*
- Clinically proven to avoid weight regain following a weight loss programme.*
- Maintains effective and safe rate of up to 1-2% body weight loss weekly during weight loss period.*
- The nutrition of Metabolic is clinically proven to work with each cat’s unique energy expenditure, activating the body’s natural ability to burn excess body fat and affect calorie utilisation.
First proven in the real world:
- In an in-home feeding study 81% of cats experienced weight loss within 2 months.* Owners were given unlabelled bags and were unaware the diet was for weight loss. Strict food measurements were not enforced.
Safe weight loss and maintenance:
- When healthy weight is achieved, feeding amounts need to be adjusted to maintain ideal weight.
- May transition to VetEssentials™ Neutered Cat Low Fat if weight is successfully maintained.
* Data on file, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
These ranges are a starting point only, because cats' needs vary.Adjust the feeding amount to maintain optimal body weight.
FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Determine the amount to feed based on the target weight rather than the current weight.
FOR WEIGHT CONTROL: Patient should be monitored to ensure proper body weight is maintained. Increase food amounts accordingly.
When feeding for the first time, mix increasing amounts of the pet’s new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
FOR WEIGHT LOSS
FOR WEIGHT LOSS Ideal Body Weight kg Cans 156 g 2 2/3 3 1 4 1 1/4 5 1 1/3 6 1 1/2 7 + 1/4 per kg
FOR WEIGHT MAINTENANCE
FOR WEIGHT MAINTENANCE Ideal Body Weight kg Cans 156 g 2 1 3 1 1/3 4 1 3/4 5 2 6 2 1/3 7 + 1/3 per kg
Prescription Diet™ Metabolic Feline is a complete dietetic pet food for the reduction of excessive body weight and maintenance of healthy weight in adult cats. This dietetic pet food has a low energy density.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Original: Pork, maize, cellulose, chicken, maize starch, flaxseed, dried tomato pomace, maize gluten meal, minerals, coconut oil, dried carrots, fish oil, vitamins, taurine and trace elements.
136 kcal / 5.5 oz (156 g) can
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Moisture 75.7 Protein 9.3 38.3 10.7 g / 100 kcal Fat 3.4 13.8 3.9 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 7.5 30.7 8.6 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 2.6 10.6 2.9 g / 100 kcal Ash 1.6 6.5 1.8 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.24 0.99 275 mg / 100 kcal Phosphorous 0.19 0.78 218 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.20 0.81 226 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.08 0.35 97 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.022 0.091 25 mg / 100 kcal Lysine 0.66 2.70 752 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.09 0.37 103 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin A 52212 IU/kg 214783 IU/kg 5981 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin C 48 ppm 199 ppm 5.54 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin D 268 IU/kg 1104 IU/kg 30.7 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin E 258 IU/kg 1062 IU/kg 29.56 IU / 100 kcal Total Omega-3 FA 0.29 1.18 328 mg / 100 kcal Total Omega-6 FA 0.54 2.23 622 mg / 100 kcal Beta-Carotene 1.87 ppm 7.71 ppm 0.21 mg / 100 kcal Carnitine 201.0 ppm 827.0 ppm 23.03 mg / 100 kcal