A low fat, high fibre food for weight loss in cats. Specially formulated to satisfy a cats hunger whilst losing weight.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Energy; Fat Low Stored body fat is used to meet energy needs, resulting in weight loss. Fibre High For Weight loss: provides increased dietary bulk which aids satiety and avoids hunger. For Diabetes mellitus: helps minimise blood glucose fluctuation, which may reduce insulin dosage. For Colitis: modifies bowel transit time. For Constipation: facilitates intestinal motility. L-Carnitine Supplemented Facilitates conversion of fat to energy, causing faster weight loss. Helps maintain lean body mass. L-Lysine Added Helps preserve lean muscle mass. Superior antioxidant formula Added Helps neutralise free radicals that may increase in obese animals.
- Overweight cats.
- Fibre-responsive conditions in overweight cats: diabetes mellitus, colitis and constipation.
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating queens
- Cats that are debilitated or underweight, dehydrated, or with increased energy requirements.
- Realistic weight loss is approximately 1% of body weight per week.
- The feeding amounts shown may sometimes need to be decreased to produce optimal weight loss.
- Full client co-operation must be obtained and food intake strictly controlled. Hill's provides client information to help successful weight loss; contact your Hill's representative for assistance.
- After reaching the target body weight, a cat should be fed Prescription Diet™ w/d™ Feline to maintain its ideal weight.
- Do not allow obese cats to fast for more than 2-3 days because of the increased risk of hepatic lipidosis.
- Do not give urinary acidifiers.
- Ensure sufficient water intake.
Other Products to Consider
Other products to consider:
For weight maintenance after weight loss for dogs with fibre responsive conditions: Prescription Diet™ Feline w/d™
For weight loss and maintenance: Prescription Diet™ Metabolic™ Feline
For management of urinary health and weight loss or maintenance: Prescription Diet™ Metabolic+Urinary Stress™ Feline
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
DAILY FEEDING AMOUNTS
These ranges are a starting point only because cats' needs vary.
FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Determine the amount to feed based on the target weight rather than the current weight.
When feeding for the first time, mix increasing amounts of the pet’s new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
FOR WEIGHT LOSS
FOR WEIGHT LOSS Ideal Body Weight kg Dry grams 2 30 3 40 4 50 5 60 6 70 7 + 10 per kg
MIXED FEEDING GUIDE FOR WEIGHT LOSS
MIXED FEEDING GUIDE FOR WEIGHT LOSS Ideal Body Weight kg Cans 156 g Dry grams 2 1/2 10 3 1/2 20 4 1 10 5 1 20 6 1 30 7 + 1 6 per kg
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Chicken: chicken (39%) and turkey meal, maize, maize gluten meal, cellulose, digest, animal fat, minerals, L-carnitine, vitamins, taurine, trace elements and beta-carotene. With a natural antioxidants (mixed tocopherols).
3155 kcal/kg (316 kcal/100g)
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Protein 36.5 38.6 11.6 g / 100 kcal Fat 10.2 10.8 3.2 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 12.7 13.5 4.0 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 29.0 30.6 9.2 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.91 0.97 290 mg / 100 kcal Phosphorous 0.79 0.83 250 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.35 0.38 112 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.87 0.92 275 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.072 0.077 23 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.21 0.22 66 mg / 100 kcal Carnitine 513.8 ppm 543.7 ppm 16.28 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin C 119 ppm 125 ppm 3.76 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin E 640 IU/kg 677 IU/kg 20.29 IU / 100 kcal Total Omega-3 FA 0.16 0.17 49 mg / 100 kcal Chondroitin Sulphate 1080 ppm 1143 ppm 34.24 mg / 100 kcal Glucosamine 924 ppm 977 ppm 29 mg / 100 kcal Ash 6.1 6.4 1.9 g / 100 kcal Beta-Carotene 3.82 ppm 4.05 ppm 0.12 mg / 100 kcal Moisture 5.5 Soluble Fiber 0.4 0.5 0.1 g / 100 kcal Vitamin A 6471 IU/kg 6848 IU/kg 205 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin D 616 IU/kg 652 IU/kg 19.5 IU / 100 kcal
1Differs from label guarantees which are either maximums or minimums.
2The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
3Nutrient intake for every 100 kilocalories consumed.