Clinically proven to dissolve struvite uroliths in cats.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Energy Increased Reduces food intake and thereby mineral intake. Magnesium; Phosphorus Reduced Decreases urinary concentration of struvite constituents, magnesium and phosphate. Target urinary pH Acid: pH 5.9 - 6.1 Increases the solubility of struvite. Vitamin E; Beta-carotene High Helps neutralise free radicals to help combat urolithiasis. Vitamin C Not added Vitamin C is a precursor of oxalate and may increase the risk of calcium oxalate formation during struvite dissolution
- Dissolution of struvite uroliths
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating queens
- Feeding long term without monitoring acid-base status (because of urine acidifying properties)
- Cats with non-struvite uroliths
- Cats with kidney disease or metabolic acidosis
- Do not give urinary acidifiers when feeding s/d™ Feline
- Monitor the urine throughout dissolution and control urinary tract infection, if present. Urinary pH will increase if infection with urease-producing bacteria is not eliminated. Urinary pH must be acidic for successful dissolution.
- After initially feeding s/d™ Feline for 2-3 months, the recurrence of struvite-associated FLUTD can be reduced by feeding Prescription Diet™ c/d™Multicare Feline, or c/d™ Urinary Stress™ Feline or Metabolic+Urinary Stress™ Feline or w/d™ Feline.
- If FLUTD should recur when only Prescription Diet™ c/d™Multicare Feline, or c/d™ Urinary Stress™ Feline or Metabolic+Urinary Stress™ Feline or w/d™ Feline. is being fed, monitor urine pH, check for urinary tract infection or re-evaluate the type of uroliths and crystals.
Other Products to Consider
Other products to consider
- Following the successful dissolution of struvite uroliths: Prescription Diet™ c/d™Multicare Feline, or c/d™ Urinary Stress Feline or Metabolic+Urinary Stress Feline or w/d™ Feline.
- Following the successful dissolution of struvite, if prone to being overweight: c/d™ Urinary Stress Reduced Calorie Feline or Metabolic+Urinary Stress Feline or w/d™ Feline.
- To control oxalate uroliths: Prescription Diet™ c/d™Multicare Feline, or c/d™ Urinary Stress Feline or Metabolic+Urinary Stress Feline
- To control urate or cystine uroliths: Prescription Diet™ k/d™ Feline.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
These ranges are a starting point only, because cats' needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain optimal body weight.
Body weight (kg) Dry grams 2 30 - 40 3 40 - 55 4 50 - 65 5 55 - 80 6 65 - 90 7 + 11 per kg
MIXED FEEDING GUIDE
Body weight (kg) Cans 156 g Dry grams 2 1/2 10 3 1/2 20 4 1 10 5 1 20 6 1 30 7 + 1 6 per kg
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
with Chicken: Chicken (18%) and turkey meal, brewers' rice, maize, animal fat, maize gluten meal, soybean oil, dried whole egg, minerals, digest, vitamins, taurine, trace elements and beta-carotene. With a natural antioxidant (mixed tocopherols).
4173 קק"ל/ק"ג (417 קק"ל / 100 גרם)
רכיב תזונתי כפי שנאכל1
כפי שנאכל, בסיס קלורי3
גרם / 100 קק"ל
Protein 32.1 34.7 7.7 g / 100 kcal Fat 22.9 24.8 5.5 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 31.0 33.5 7.4 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 0.7 0.7 0.2 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.87 0.94 207 mg / 100 kcal Phosphorous 0.69 0.75 166 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.91 0.99 218 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.32 0.34 76 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.061 0.066 15 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.19 0.21 45 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin E 324 IU/kg 350 IU/kg 7.76 IU / 100 kcal Carnitine 19.9 ppm 21.5 ppm 0.48 mg / 100 kcal