Formulated to help manage adverse food reactions and to support skin function in cases of dermatosis and excessive loss of hair. See a difference in just 4 weeks.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Protein Single intact novel animal source. Moderate amount of high digestibility. Helps avoid common food allergens. Limits the amount of undigested protein in the intestinal tract able to provoke an adverse reaction. Number of novel protein formulas Four (2 canned and 2 dry) Increased choice (related to suspected adverse food reactions and patient preference). Carbohydrate Solely from potato or rice Adverse reactions to potato or rice are rare. Omega-6 fatty acids High Visible improvement in skin and coat. Omega-3 fatty acids High Helps limit the skin reaction. Clinically proven antioxidants Added Helps neutralise free radicals in the skin cells.
- Initial management of dogs with any skin condition.
- Allergic dermatitis, food-related or atopic.
- Adverse food reaction (food allergy or food intolerance) with dermatological or gastrointestinal signs.
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis.
- Use as an elimination food.
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating bitches
- Four formulas combine a single novel animal protein source (duck or salmon) with a single source of carbohydrate and vegetable protein (potato or rice).
- For increased palatability, the dry formula is coated with hydrolysed animal proteins, which are very unlikely to elicit allergic reactions.
- Can benefit dogs with chronic otitis externa, interdigital pruritus or perianal pruritus (which can be signs of an adverse food reaction) and with atopy.
- Also benefits dogs with non-allergic skin conditions by providing essential nutrients. Fish oil, highly purified to exclude any protein residue, is added as a source of omega-3 fatty acids.
Other Products to Consider
Other products to consider
- For use as an elimination food for maximum reliability in the identification of adverse food reactions: Prescription Diet™ z/d™ Canine canned or dry.
- To manage and eliminate adverse food reactions: Prescription Diet™ z/d™ Canine.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
These ranges are a starting point only, because dogs' needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain the optimal body weight
Body weight (kg) Dry grams 2.5 60 5 100 10 170 20 285 30 390 40 480 50 570 60 + 11 per kg
MIXED FEEDING GUIDE
MIXED FEEDING GUIDE Body weight (kg) Cans 370 g Dry grams 2.5 1/2 10 5 1/2 50 10 1 65 20 1 180 30 2 180 40 2 275 50 2 360 60 + 2 7 per kg
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Salmon & Rice: Brewers' rice (50%), salmon (35%) meal, animal fat, digest, soybean oil, minerals, cellulose, fish oil, trace elements, vitamins and beta-carotene. With natural antioxidant (mixed tocopherols).
3700 kcal/kg (370 kcal/100g)
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Moisture 8.0 Protein 15.4 16.8 4.2 g / 100 kcal Fat 13.9 15.1 3.7 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 56.6 61.6 15.3 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 1.2 1.3 0.3 g / 100 kcal Ash 4.9 5.3 1.3 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.77 0.84 208 mg / 100 kcal Phosphorous 0.53 0.58 143 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.61 0.67 166 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.34 0.37 92 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.070 0.076 19 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.16 0.17 43 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin A 14131 IU/kg 15360 IU/kg 382 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin C 107 ppm 116 ppm 2.89 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin D 934 IU/kg 1015 IU/kg 25.2 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin E 608 IU/kg 661 IU/kg 16.43 IU / 100 kcal Total Omega-3 FA 0.80 0.87 217 mg / 100 kcal Total Omega-6 FA 3.03 3.29 819 mg / 100 kcal Beta-Carotene 2.33 ppm 2.53 ppm 0.06 mg / 100 kcal