Formulated to help manage adverse food reactions and to support skin function in cases of dermatosis and excessive loss of hair. See a difference in just 4 weeks.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Protein Single intact novel animal source. Moderate amount of high digestibility. Helps avoid common food allergens. Limits the amount of undigested protein in the intestinal tract able to provoke an adverse reaction. Number of novel protein formulas Four (2 canned and 2 dry) Increased choice (related to suspected adverse food reactions and patient preference). Carbohydrate Solely from potato or rice Adverse reactions to potato or rice are rare. Omega-6 fatty acids High Visible improvement in skin and coat. Omega-3 fatty acids High Helps limit the skin reaction. Clinically proven antioxidants Added Helps neutralise free radicals in the skin cells.
- Initial management of dogs with any skin condition.
- Allergic dermatitis, food-related or atopic.
- Adverse food reaction (food allergy or food intolerance) with dermatological or gastrointestinal signs.
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis.
- Use as an elimination food.
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating bitches
- Four novel protein formulas combine a single novel animal protein source (venison or salmon) with a single source of carbohydrate and vegetable protein (potato or rice).
- For increased palatability, the dry formula is coated with hydrolysed animal proteins, which are very unlikely to elicit allergic reactions.
- Can benefit dogs with chronic otitis externa, interdigital pruritus or perianal pruritus (which can be signs of an adverse food reaction) and with atopy.
- Also benefits dogs with non-allergic skin conditions by providing essential nutrients. Fish oil, highly purified to exclude any protein residue, is added as a source of omega-3 fatty acids.
Other Products to Consider
Other products to consider
- For use as an elimination food for maximum reliability in the identification of adverse food reactions: Prescription Diet™ z/d™ Canine canned or dry.
- To manage and eliminate adverse food reactions: Prescription Diet™ z/d™ Canine.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
These ranges are a starting point only, because dogs' needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain the
Body weight (kg) Cans 370 g 2.5 2/3 5 1 10 1 2/3 20 2 3/4 30 3 3/4 40 4 2/3 50 5 1/2 60 + 1 per 10 kg
MIXED FEEDING GUIDE
Body weight (kg) Cans 370 g Dry grams 2.5 1/2 + 10 5 1/2 + 50 10 1 + 65 20 1 + 180 30 2 + 180 40 2 + 275 50 2 + 360 60 + 2 + 7 per kg
Prescription Diet™ d/d™ Canine is a complete dietetic pet food for the reduction of feed material and nutrient intolerances and for support of skin function in cases of dermatosis and excessive loss of hair in adult dogs. This dietetic pet food contains selected protein and carbohydrate sources and a high level of essential fatty acids.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
with Salmon: Salmon (19%), dried potato, potato starch, potato protein extract, soybean oil, minerals, cellulose, fish oil, vitamins and trace elements.
386 kcal (370g) can
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Moisture 74.6 Protein 5.0 19.8 4.8 g / 100 kcal Fat 4.4 17.5 4.2 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 14.1 55.4 13.5 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 0.4 1.7 0.4 g / 100 kcal Ash 1.4 5.7 1.4 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.23 0.91 220 mg / 100 kcal Phosphorous 0.17 0.68 166 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.30 1.19 289 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.07 0.27 65 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.020 0.080 19 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.04 0.16 40 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin A 3054 IU/kg 12030 IU/kg 292 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin C 30 ppm 119 ppm 2.90 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin D 522 IU/kg 2056 IU/kg 49.9 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin E 222 IU/kg 875 IU/kg 21.25 IU / 100 kcal DHA 0.138 0.545 132.3 mg / 100 kcal Total Omega-3 FA 0.37 1.45 353 mg / 100 kcal Total Omega-6 FA 0.88 3.47 843 mg / 100 kcal Beta-Carotene 0.77 ppm 3.02 ppm 0.07 mg / 100 kcal Carnitine 4.3 ppm 17.0 ppm 0.41 mg / 100 kcal