Veterinary Exclusive. Advanced nutrition to help address the top 5 essential health needs of adult large breed dogs, with clinically proven benefits.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Energy density; Fat Controlled Helps avoid weight gain. Fibre technology Clinically proven dental technology with matrix fibre alignment Fibres wipe the tooth surface, reducing plaque and tartar to keep teeth and gums healthy. Prebiotic fibres Supplemented Promotes gastrointestinal health. Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil (EPA) Increased Formulated to support joint flexibility, easy movement and joint health Superior antioxidant formula Superior clinically proven levels of antioxidants. High in vitamin E Helps neutralises free radicals and helps support the immune system. L-Carnitine Supplemented with clinically proven levels Facilitates the conversion of fat to energy to limit fat storage and preserve lean body mass. Omega-6 fatty acids High Contributes to healthy skin and coat. Kibble size Larger Provides an appropriate kibble size for large breed dogs, while promoting dental health.
- Large breed adult dogs from 1 year old until 5 years old. Suitable for adult dogs that require fewer calories (i.e. dogs that are less active, neutered or otherwise prone to obesity) while helping to support joint health.
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating bitches. During pregnancy and lactation bitches should be switched to a VetEssentials Puppy formula (not VetEssentials Puppy Large Breed).
- VetEssentials Canine Adult Large Breed is a unique Veterinary exclusive food with clinically proven dental kibble technology.
- VetEssentials Canine Adult Large Breed is suitable for neutered large breed dogs from 1 to 5 years old.
- VetEssentials Canine Adult Large Breed may be fed in combination with any canned Science PlanTM Canine Adult formula.
Other Products to Consider
For neutered large breed dogs: VetEssentials Canine Adult Neutered Large Breed
For large breed dogs over 5 years old: VetEssentials Canine Mature Adult Medium
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
These ranges are a starting point only because animals’ needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain optimal body weight.
Body weight (kg) Dry grams 25 360 30 415 40 515 50 605 60 695 70 780 80 + 10 per kg
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
with Chicken: Maize, chicken (15%) and turkey meal (total poultry 24%), brewers' rice, cellulose, animal fat, digest, dried beet pulp, soybean oil, minerals, fish oil, L-carnitine, vitamins, trace elements and beta-carotene. With a natural antioxidant (mixed tocopherols).
3473 kcal/kg (347 kcal/100g)
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Protein 23.0 25.0 6.6 g / 100 kcal Fat 13.7 14.9 3.9 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 8.3 9.1 2.4 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 42.7 46.4 12.3 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.71 0.77 204 mg / 100 kcal Phosphorous 0.54 0.59 156 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.21 0.22 59 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.68 0.74 197 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.066 0.072 19 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.10 0.11 28 mg / 100 kcal Carnitine 338.5 ppm 367.9 ppm 9.75 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin C 111 ppm 121 ppm 3.21 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin E 408 IU/kg 443 IU/kg 11.74 IU / 100 kcal Total Omega-3 FA 0.64 0.69 183 mg / 100 kcal Ash 4.3 4.7 1.2 g / 100 kcal Beta-Carotene 2.43 ppm 2.64 ppm 0.07 mg / 100 kcal Lysine 1.21 1.31 348 mg / 100 kcal Moisture 8.0 Total Dietary Fiber 15.0 16.3 4.3 g / 100 kcal Vitamin A 7894 IU/kg 8581 IU/kg 227 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin D 624 IU/kg 678 IU/kg 18.0 IU / 100 kcal