Advanced nutrition to help address the top 5 essential health needs of large breed puppies, including immunity, vitality, skin & coat and digestion, with clinically proven benefits. Only available in Veterinary Clinics.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Omega-3 fatty acid DHA; (docosahexaenoic acid) Clinically proven increased levels Aids optimal retinal development to allow better vision. Supports optimal brain development to increase alertness and quicken reactions. Energy density; Calcium Lower than in Puppy Medium Help ensure optimal growth and strong bones. Protein Increased and high quality Supports healthy growth and strong muscles. L-Carnitine Supplemented Encourages more muscle, greater bone mass and stronger bones. Calcium & Vitamin D Increased but controlled Supports development of strong teeth and bones. Omega-6 fatty acids High Contributes to healthy skin and coat. Natural fibre Added Contributes to healthy digestion. Palatability High Increases acceptance. Superior antioxidant formula Superior clinically proven levels of antioxidants. High in vitamin C & E Helps neutralise free radicals and helps support the immune system.
- Puppies of large breeds (over 25kg when adult), from weaning (4 weeks of age) until 1 year old.
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating bitches. They should be fed a Puppy Mini and Medium VetEssentials formula.
- Large Breed Puppies should be fed VetEssentials Puppy Large Breed from weaning till 1 year of age, and then should be switched to VetEssentials Canine Adult Large Breed.
- The VetEssentials Puppy Large Breed formula is enriched with a high level of DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), an essential structural component of the brain which occurs naturally in mothers’ milk. When fed to puppies after weaning, additional DHA is supplied throughout the critical formation and development of brain and eyes.
- VetEssentials Puppy Large Breed may be fed in combination with any canned formula of Science PlanTM Puppy.
- Additional food or supplements, particularly calcium supplements, should not be fed as this will upset the essential nutritional balance.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
The daily amount required by individual puppies may substentially vary. Therefore, the amount should be adjusted to maintain optimal body weight, and fed as 2–4 meals per day (the number may decrease with age).
Puppy Age (Months) Body weight (kg) Dry grams 2 - 3 5 195 7.5 260 10 325 15 440 20 545 4 - 9 15 365 20 455 30 615 40 765 50 905 10 - 12 20 365 30 490 40 610 50 720 60 830
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Chicken: Maize, chicken (31%) and turkey meal, animal fat, digest, maize gluten meal, dried beet pulp, cellulose, minerals, flaxseed, fish oil, soybean oil, L-carnitine, vitamins, trace elements, taurine, L-tryptophan and beta-carotene. With a natural antioxidant (mixed tocopherols).
3642 kcal/kg (364 kcal/100g)
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Protein 27.6 29.8 7.6 g / 100 kcal Fat 15.1 16.4 4.2 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 4.1 4.4 1.1 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 39.7 42.9 10.9 g / 100 kcal Calcium 1.00 1.08 274 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.45 0.49 124 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.76 0.82 208 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.092 0.100 25 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.09 0.10 26 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin C 121 ppm 131 ppm 3.32 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin E 806 IU/kg 871 IU/kg 22.12 IU / 100 kcal Total Omega-3 FA 1.03 1.11 282 mg / 100 kcal Total Omega-6 FA 2.92 3.15 800 mg / 100 kcal Beta-Carotene 2.66 ppm 2.88 ppm 0.07 mg / 100 kcal Moisture 7.5 Vitamin A 9484 IU/kg 10253 IU/kg 260 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin D 731 IU/kg 790 IU/kg 20.1 IU / 100 kcal