Clinically proven to support cats with liver disorders that cause reduced liver function.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Protein; Branched-chain amino acids; Aromatic amino acids Highly digestible & reduced. High. Balanced Reduces workload on liver. Helps reduce accumulation of ammonia and consequent CNS signs (hepatic encephalopathy). Zinc; Vitamin K Increased Helps reduce the risk of deficiencies common in liver disorders. Copper Controlled Helps reduce copper accumulation in the liver. L-Carnitine Supplemented Helps improve fat metabolism to limit hepatic lipidosis. Soluble fibre Supplemented Helps decrease ammonia reabsorption (and ammonia generation) in the bowel. Sodium Reduced Helps limits portal hypertension and ascites. Helps control clinical signs associated with sodium and fluid retention. Potassium Increased Helps avoids hypokalaemia which can trigger CNS signs. Arginine Increased Helps maintain urea cycle, avoiding accumulation of ammonia. Taurine High Helps maintain normal heart function. Superior antioxidant formula Added Helps neutralise free radicals associated with liver disorders.
- Liver disorders.
- Hepatic encephalopathy.
- Hepatic lipidosis (with encephalopathy or primary liver disease).
- Cardiac disorders early stage.
Not Recommended For:
- Long term feeding of kittens
- Pregnant or lactating queens
- Cats with hyperlipidaemia
Other Products to Consider
Other products to consider
- For hepatic lipidosis without encephalopathy or primary liver disease: Prescription Diet™ a/d™ Canine/Feline.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
These ranges are a starting point only, because cats' needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount to maintain optimal body weight.
SHORT TERM FEEDING OF KITTENS
Based on a kitten's age and weight:
- feed the same number of 156g cans of l/dTM Feline, as is shown for Science PlanTM Kitten Healthy DevelopmentTM in the Daily Feeding Amounts for kittens in the Science Plan section plus an additional 10%
- Feed the same number of grams of l/dTM Feline dry as is shown for Science PlanTM Kitten Healthy DevelopmentTM in the Daily Feeding Amounts for kittens in the Science Plan section plus an additional 15%
Body weight (kg) Dry grams 2 30 - 40 3 40 - 55 4 50 - 70 5 60 - 80 6 65 - 90 7 + 12 per kg
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Chicken: Maize, chicken (30%) and turkey meal, animal fat, maize gluten meal, dried whole egg, brewers´rice, flaxseed, dried beet pulp, digest, minerals, vitamins, L-carnitine, cellulose, trace elements, taurine, L-arginine and beta-carotene. With a natural antioxidant (mixed tocopherols).
4078 kcal/kg (408 kcal/100g)
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Protein 29.2 31.6 7.2 g / 100 kcal Fat 21.3 23.1 5.2 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 1.7 1.8 0.4 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 34.9 37.8 8.6 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.85 0.92 209 mg / 100 kcal Phosphorous 0.64 0.70 158 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.23 0.25 56 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.77 0.83 189 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.079 0.085 19 mg / 100 kcal Taurine 0.46 0.50 114 mg / 100 kcal Carnitine 922.8 ppm 997.6 ppm 22.63 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin C 99 ppm 107 ppm 2.43 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin E 760 IU/kg 822 IU/kg 18.65 IU / 100 kcal