For dogs with urinary health issues that are overweight or prone to weight gain
Scientifically formulated nutrient complex High Provides appetite regulation, reduces inflammation and improves energy metabolism Antioxidants High Vitamins E and Beta Carotene help defend cells against free radical oxidation and counteract inflammation Fiber High The soluble and insoluble fibers trigger satiety, control appetite, and maintain gastrointestinal health. Magnesium, Calcium, Phosphorus Controlled levels Reduces building blocks of crystals and uroliths. Potassium Citrate Added Inhibits calcium oxalate crystals and uroliths Omega-3 Fatty Acids EPA and DHA High Helps break the cycle of inflammation Glycosaminoglycan’s (GAG’s) Added Restores and fortifies bladder lining . Controlled minerals (magnesium & phosphorus) and optimal urine pH Helps dissolve struvite stones Sodium Controlled Helps maintain healthy kidney function
Prescription Diet™ Metabolic+Urinary Canine
- Obese, obese prone or weight maintenance in dogs prone to struvite, calcium oxalate and calcium phosphate crystals and uroliths (reduction of recurrence)
- Helps dissolve struvite stones
Not Recommended For:
- Dogs that are pregnant or lactating
- Dogs concurrently receiving urinary acidifiers
- Dogs with cystine and ammonium urate stones
Evidence-Based Clinical Nutrition:
- Clinically proven nutrition to reduce body weight by 13% in 60 days 2
- The nutrition of Metabolic + Urinary is clinically proven to work with each dogs unique metabolic response activating the bodys natural ability to burn excess body fat and affect calorie utilization. 1
- In an in-home feeding study the nutrition of Metabolic+Urinary 88% of pets experienced weight loss within 2 months. 2
- Nutrition clinically proven to avoid weight regain following a weight loss program. 1
- Monitor the urine.
- Eliminate urinary tract infection (infection with urease-producing organisms will result in a high urinary pH which will compromise efficacy).
- Nutrition clinically proven to reduce body weight by 13% in 60 days*
- Maintains effective and safe rate of up to 1-2% body weight loss weekly during weight loss period.*
- Nutrition clinically proven to avoid weight regain following a weight loss programme*
- The nutrition in Metabolic+Urinary is clinically proven to work with dog’s unique energy use, activating the body’s natural ability to burn excess body fat and affect calorie utilisation
- When healthy weight is achieved, feeding amounts need to be adjusted to maintain ideal weight
* Data on request
Other Products to Consider
Other product to consider:
- To dissolve large or multiple struvite uroliths: Prescription Diet™ s/d™ Canine
- To control other types of uroliths Prescription Diet™ u/d™ Canine
- If calcium phosphate is present as brushite: manage by feeding Prescription Diet™ u/d™ Canine
1. Data on file, Hills Pet Nutrition, Inc.
2. Winner IHUT Weight Loss 67 day report -- Dogs and Cats
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. Monitoring your patient's condition will assure the nutritional recommendation provides the best results.
- Reinforce with clients to feed Prescription Diet dry food, canned food, & treats exclusively.
- Determine the amount to feed based on the ideal weight rather than the current weight.
- Gradually transition to the new food over a 7 day period.
FOR WEIGHT LOSS FOR WEIGHT MAINTENANCE Ideal Body Weight kg Dry grams Dry grams 2.5 45 70 5 75 120 10 125 200 20 215 340 30 290 460 40 360 570 50 425 675 60 + 8 per kg 12 per kg
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Original: Brewers' rice, maize gluten meal, cellulose, digest, dried tomato pomace, pea protein, minerals, soybean oil, coconut oil, flaxseed, animal fat, dried carrots, fish oil, vitamins, trace elements, pork cartilage (source of chondroitin sulphate), crustacean shell hydrolysate (source of glucosamine) and beta-carotene. With a natural antioxidants (mixed tocopherols).
3102 kcal/kg (310 kcal/100g)
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Protein 25.6 27.9 8.2 g / 100 kcal Fat 10.8 11.8 3.5 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 13.2 14.4 4.3 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 36.9 40.3 11.9 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.67 0.73 215 mg / 100 kcal Phosphorous 0.53 0.58 172 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.23 0.25 73 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.75 0.82 242 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.067 0.073 22 mg / 100 kcal Carnitine 345.4 ppm 377.5 ppm 11.14 mg / 100 kcal Total Omega-3 FA 0.76 0.83 245 mg / 100 kcal Chondroitin Sulphate 66 ppm 72 ppm 2.13 mg / 100 kcal Glucosamine 449 ppm 491 ppm 14 mg / 100 kcal