A low fat, high fibre food for weight loss in dogs. Specially formulated to satisfy a dog's hunger whilst losing weight.
KEY FEATURES KEY BENEFITS Energy; Fat Low Stored body fat is used to meet energy needs resulting in weight loss. Fibre High Obesity: provides increased dietary bulk which aids satiety and avoids hunger. Diabetes mellitus: helps minimise blood glucose fluctuation which may reduce insulin dosage. Colitis: modifies bowel transit time. Constipation: absorbs water and increases intestinal motility. L-Carnitine Supplemented Increases conversion of fat to energy. L-Lysine Supplemented Helps preserve lean muscle mass. Superior antioxidant formula Added Helps neutralise free radicals that increase in obese animals.
- Fibre-responsive diseases in overweight dogs: diabetes mellitus, hyperlipidaemia, colitis and constipation
Not Recommended For:
- Pregnant or lactating bitches
- Dogs that are debilitated or underweight, dehydrated, or with increased energy requirements
- Realistic weight loss is approximately 1 % of body weight per week.
- The feeding amounts shown may sometimes need to be decreased to produce optimal weight loss.
- Full client co-operation should be obtained and food intake strictly controlled. Hill's provides client information to help successful weight loss; contact your Hill's representative for assistance.
- After reaching the target body weight, a dog should be fed Prescription Diet™ Canine w/d™ to maintain its ideal weight.
- The use of a unique nutrient combination to down-regulate the expression of genes associated with fat accumulation
- Ensure sufficient water intake.
Other Products to Consider
Other products to consider:
For weight maintenance after weight loss for dogs with fibre responsive conditions:
Prescription Diet™ Canine w/d™
For weight loss and maintenance:
Prescription Diet™ Metabolic™ Canine
For management of osteoarthritis and weight loss or maintenance:
Prescription Diet™ Metabolic+Mobility™ Canine
For management of urinary health and weight loss or maintenance:
Prescription Diet™ Metabolic+Urinary™ Canine
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
These ranges are a starting point only, because dogs' needs vary. Adjust the feeding amount as necessary. To correct obesity, the amount to be fed should be based on the estimated ideal weight (target weight) and not the weight when obese.
MIXED FEEDING GUIDE FOR WEIGHT LOSS
FOR WEIGHT LOSS Ideal Body Weight kg Can 350g Dry grams 2.5 1/2 + 5 5 1/2 + 35 10 1 + 45 20 1 + 130 30 2 + 125 40 2 + 195 50 + 2 + 5 per kg
FOR WEIGHT LOSS Ideal Body Weight kg Can 350g 2.5 1/2 5 3/4 10 1 1/3 20 2 1/4 30 3 40 3 3/4 50 4 1/2 60 5 70 + 1 per 10 kg
Prescription Diet™ r/d™ Canine is a complete dietetic pet food for adult dogs for the reduction of excessive body weight. This dietetic pet food has a low energy density.
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Original: Pork, rice, soybean mill run, pea protein, soybean meal, cellulose, soybean oil, minerals, digest, vitamins and trace elements.
299 kcal / 12.3 oz (350 g) can
Nutrient As Fed1
As Fed, Caloric Basis3
Moisture 74.1 Protein 8.7 33.4 10.1 g / 100 kcal Fat 2.2 8.6 2.6 g / 100 kcal Carbohydrate / NFE 10.3 39.9 12.1 g / 100 kcal Crude Fiber 3.3 12.6 3.8 g / 100 kcal Ash 1.4 5.5 1.7 g / 100 kcal Calcium 0.18 0.71 216 mg / 100 kcal Phosphorous 0.15 0.58 177 mg / 100 kcal Potassium 0.25 0.96 290 mg / 100 kcal Sodium 0.08 0.32 96 mg / 100 kcal Magnesium 0.034 0.133 40 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin A 29670 IU/kg 114418 IU/kg 3474 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin C 39 ppm 149 ppm 4.51 mg / 100 kcal Vitamin D 323 IU/kg 1246 IU/kg 37.8 IU / 100 kcal Vitamin E 258 IU/kg 996 IU/kg 30.23 IU / 100 kcal Total Omega-3 FA 0.10 0.40 120 mg / 100 kcal Total Omega-6 FA 0.75 2.91 883 mg / 100 kcal Beta-Carotene 0.88 ppm 3.41 ppm 0.10 mg / 100 kcal Carnitine 100.9 ppm 389.2 ppm 11.82 mg / 100 kcal